If you want to get more marketing exposure without spending a fortune on attorney advertising, the key is education-based marketing. You want to get valuable content in front of targeted prospects that are most likely to buy your legal services. Here are 7 low cost attorney advertising ideas.
- Article Writing – As a practicing lawyer, you have specialized expertise that you can share with prospects. Consider writing a regular column for a website, blog, or publication that targets your ideal clients.
- Create a Law Firm Newsletter – Your in-house contact database is a valuable resource that you should be regularly following up with. When you start publishing content regularly, share it with your prospects and clients.
- Create Information Products – It’s easy to take all the articles you’ve written and package them into special reports, case studies and white papers that promote your legal services. You can offer these products for free on your website or even sell them to generate income for your law firm.
- Public Speaking – Look for conferences and seminars that also target your ideal clients and offer to present your material. Public speaking works extremely well for reaching key decision makers if you are small law firm targeting larger business clients.
- Repackage Your Speaking Content – When you speak, record your presentation on audio or video and you have another information product you can offer on your website.
- Teach at a Local College – Many colleges offer continuing education classes for business professionals. If you target businesses, consider teaching a course to educate prospects about your specialized practice area.
- Send Press Releases – For each piece of valuable content you offer, send a press release to local journalists and through online press release services.
Each of these ways can be far more effective than paying for ad space in local publications because you are demonstrating your credibility and expertise through your educational materials. Educating prospects also helps to pre-qualify leads before they contact you for a consultation so you don’t waste time with prospects who aren’t right for your services.
The key to attorney advertising is to define your ideal clients, locate media they read or view, and find creative ways to get in front of them.