Many lawyers rely on advertising to generate leads for their business. Unfortunately, most lawyer advertising isn’t as effective as it could be at attracting qualified prospects. If you want to increase the number of leads your ads generate, here are 8 lawyer advertising tips to increase your response rate.
- Target Your Audience – Choose newspapers, websites, and other publications that your target audience is likely to read. If you run Google Adwords, limit your ads to run in the specific cities you practice in. For instance, today, I saw a lawyer ad running nationally when he only practices in California. What a waste of money.
- Track Your Ads – No matter where you run your ads, you can track their effectiveness by sending people to a landing page on your website or calling a special toll-free number that is specific to this advertising campaign.
- Run Your Ads Multiple Times – You will get better response if you run your ad multiple times in different issues. You also can save on advertising costs by negotiating special deals on bulk advertising. If an ad is generating responses, keep running it! You don’t need new creative copy or design every time. Chances are, you will get tired of your ad before your prospects will, so go by results, not by personal feeling.
- Use an Attention-Grabbing Headline – Your headline is the ad for your ad. It grabs your reader’s attention and compels them to read the rest of your advertising copy. As many as 5 times the number of people will read your headline as read your ad, so experiment with wording, benefits and offer in your headlines.
- Don’t Be Cute or Funny – It’s difficult to use humor well in ads. Stick with benefits – what is the key benefit prospects will receive when they take advantage of your offer?
- Create a Compelling Offer – Most ads are too short to explain the benefits of hiring you. Instead of pitching your free consultation, sell a less risky next step such as visiting your website to download a free report. Your law firm website and follow up campaign should do the job of selling your services. Your ad’s purpose should be to generate traffic to your website where you capture leads for follow up.
- Offer Free Information – Provide an incentive for people to take advantage of your offer now. Your prospects have a specific problem they want to solve. Offer them free reports, audio or video content that addresses their top concerns and builds a case for why they should hire you.
- Include a Call To Action – Always tell people how to take advantage of your offer (visit your website, subscribe to your newsletter, call a toll-free hotline, etc). Don’t assume they will know what the next step is.
By following these 8 lawyer advertising tips, you can increase the response rate of your ads and generate more interest in your legal services.